As a Westie, we often cop unnecessary flack and are almost always at the butt-hurt end of jokes when we integrate with the general population. However, over the years, jokes have turned into rumours, and rumours have turned into myths.
Here are 5 myths about the on-goings in the Western Suburbs:
- Commodores and Falcons are literally the only type of vehicle on the road(unless you’re some sore inner-city, late’ sipping yuppie).
- You can’t walk 50 meters without someone asking to bum a “ciggie” from you.
To be fair, this is totally me…
- And if, for some strange reason, you say yes, “everyone else” want’s a ciggie.
- There are only 3 or 4 haircut styles….
- We have equal, if not better prompt-crafting skills then MacGyver.
- Every second household looks like a scene out of Breaking Bad.
- You wear Hi-Vis every day of the week, as actual proof that you have a job.
- Even when you’re lining up for the dole at Centrelink…..
- But the biggest myth of them all is that our elected politicians care about us, when in reality they don’t care about anything other than keeping in power.
…..That’s right, no matter where you are, we are always getting F#&%$@ by our, Federal, State and sometimes Local elected representatives.
If you want to receive regular news, articles and competitions, subscribe to the WCN email list.